Saturday, December 15, 2012

'Tis The Season

'Tis the season .... for BAKING! 

I don't know about you, but when the Holidays are here all I want to do is bake!! Luckily, I have lots of new baking supplies from my wedding shower to really get crazy!  So far I have made:

Gingerbread Cookies

These were AMAZING.  The perfect gingerbread cookie! I only made half the batter and tossed the rest in the freezer for another time.  At first, I was a little skeptical about these because of the molasses in them, but they were so tasty.  Next time, I might try to substitute honey for the molasses just to see what happens.  For those of you who like gingerbread cookies, here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

3 cups flour
2 tsp. Ginger, Ground
1 tsp. Cinnamon, Ground
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg, Ground
1/4 tap salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup molasses
1 egg
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 cup white chocolate chips

Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl.
Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer (I also use my KitchenAid mixer, it is heaven on earth) on medium speed until light and fluffy.
Add molasses, egg and vanilla; beat well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Press dough into a thick flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies just begin to brown. Immediately press about 5-6 white chocolate chips into center of each cookie. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Store cookies in airtight container up to 5 days.

(recipe found on Pinterest via here

If you don't like white chocolate(mom), the dough works well enough if you wanted to roll it out and make cute little gingerbread men.  I was most excited about using my new Silpat mat, it worked great!  


Next up are Nutella brownies, which we made at 8 o'clock one night because I needed something chocolately (ladies, you know what I mean).  They were really easy with only a few ingredients.  Found the recipe here... Nutella Brownies


I couldn't leave Thurman out on all the goodies, so I whipped him up some puppy treats!  Trevor tried one and said they were "dry and boring", but Thurman goes absolutely crazy for them! 

(yea .. I didn't have any dog related cookie cutters so it was either 
a christmas tree or a star)
Recipe found here

Can't wait to try out more cookie recipes this season!  


What are y'all baking this season?

Any treat that you have to make/eat every year? 

- Laura 





No comments:

Post a Comment