Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Weekend Recap

Saturday

It was another beautiful day here in Charleston, but got a little chilly at night.  After checking into a few doggie-day care locations, Trevor and I brought Thurman to the dog park to play with some of his "friends."  Look how happy this little guy is ...


Saturday night we went downtown for a much needed date night.  We decided on Pearlz Oyster Bar on East Bay Street because I really wanted to try oysters before all these festivals happen next weekend.  When we walked into Pearlz it was very crowded and the hostess told us it would be over an hour wait for a seat! YIKES!  Luckily, there were two seats at the bar calling our name.  

For an appetizer we had a dozen steamed oysters.  I enjoyed them more with hot sauce, but Trevor said they were great either way.  For dinner we both had the Mixed Seafood Grill special.

It was AMAZING!
(scallops, monkfish, and two other fish I can't remember over goat cheese and asparagus risotto with truffle lobster broth)  

I can't wait to go back for happy hour for great priced apps and $3.00 house wine.

Sunday & Monday

The rest of the 3-day weekend we pretty much just hung out at home and went to the dog park.  It was great to spend some time together and not do to much.  


This is pretty random - but, I can't wait to spring clean.  There are so many things I want to organize/clean/throw-away/make.  After a long chat with my brother the other day, I plan on making all my own cleaning supplies.  Maybe that is what has me in the mood to clean or maybe it is this spring time weather.  Whatever it is, I can't wait!

p.s. I have some exciting news to share this week!  Stay tuned!  







No comments:

Post a Comment